Welcome to the Central Louisiana Amateur Radio Club
The Central Louisiana Amateur Radio Club (CLARC) provides
- Fellowship among amateur radio operators.
- Education in the community about the needs and opportunities available through amateur radio.
- Assistance to our local agencies in the event of an emergency.
- Training to enhance the skills of amateur radio operators to respond professionally in an emergency.
- Support for community events with our communication skills.
Special Opportunity to Get Your Amateur Radio License
- What: A Three-Week Class to Cram for Your First License (Technician's License)
- When: June 1, 8, and 15, 2017 (First Three Thursdays of June)
- Where: Cabrini Hospital, Alexandria in the Spiritual Care Conference Room, 1st floor near the chapel
- Cost: $30 for the book, Refundable within 90 days if you turn in the book in excellent condition to the Central Louisiana Amateur Radio Club.
- Testing: After the class, you will have the opportunity to test on Saturday, June 24th at CLARC's Field Day, $14 cash (no change available, exact amount only) and a copy of your driver's license. In addition, if you cannot take the test on this date, see the information below for regular, monthly testing.
- Registration Cut-off: May 19, must include your $30 to reserve a spot.
- Contact: Steve Neesley at email@example.com.
Field Day: June 24-25, 2017
- Where: I.B.E.W., 6703 Masonic Dr, Alexandria, LA 71301 Click here for a map
- Set up Friday, June 23 at 4 pm
- Starts Saturday, June 24 at 8 am through Sunday am (when everyone decides to go home)
- Opportunities to learn about Ham Radio, test for your license (see info below), even unlicensed guests can Get On The Air (GOTA) and operate a radio. It is also a contest for our club and other clubs participating around the world.
- There will be an evening meal provided on Saturday. Hamburgers, Hotdogs, and all the trimmings
- For more information contact Jack Brossette: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARRL Info on Field Day, Click Here
We meet the first Tuesday of each month at the Community Center of Kees Park
- We are an ARRL Affiliated Club. We encourage all members of CLARC to become members of ARRL.
- Address: 2450 Highway 28 East, Pineville, LA 71360
- Time: Doors open at 6 pm for fellowship and meeting begins at 7 pm
- Testing for Amateur Licenses: Begins at 5:30 pm
- Reserve a spot for testing with B.L. Wilson, WA5NHP, (318) 442-7309 or Jim Walters, AE5ZE (318) 447-9384 or fill out the web form by clicking here.
- Bring a copy your Driver's License or your current Amateur Radio License to the test
- Bring $14 cash (please bring exact amount)
- Club Membership/Renewal Form (Click here for PDF)
- Print and Complete form. Give check and form to Treasurer at monthly meeting or mail to address on the form. Renewal is due by January 31 annually to maintain active CLARC membership.
"When Everything Else Fails. Amateur Radio often times is our last line of defense...When you need amateur radio, you really need them."
The Hon. W. Craig Fugate
Administrator, US Department of Homeland Security, FEMA